Join the Gingerbread Cottage team of Nannies
Gingerbread Cottage is a young enthusiastic company and we wish to reach people who have the credentials to be of great support to families requiring quality care and education at their home. These families range from those who have new-born babies right through to professional/working families with older pre-school children. Regardless of a family’s situation, we need to be able to assure them that the person they employ has their children’s and family’s best interests at heart. Therefore, it is important that we only engage with those who have a desire to meet our high expectations.
We recruit Nannies who are –
- passionate about providing early childhood education and care for children
- who will stimulate children’s intellectual, emotional and social growth through play activities
- who will nurture children in their own home environment
- who will co-operate with members of their employing family in assisting with daily child-related duties. These could include meal preparation for the children, assisting with their feeding, bathing and dressing or washing and hanging out the children’s laundry. Such duties will not only assist the family but can provide wonderful learning opportunities for children
It is vital that we understand the level of your childcare experience. You may have formal qualifications in the early childhood sector, or simply years of experience raising your own or others’ children. It is important to us that the nannies we recruit register with our service have a deep understanding of what it means to provide care, love and attention for children and have the ability to provide a stimulating learning environment.
Once you have made contact with us we will send you an information pack containing a Police Vetting authorisation form. Once you have signed and returned this form, along with your CV, we will begin the process.
- We will carry out an Identity and Police check.
- We will make contact with those people who you have put forward as referees.
- We will conduct an interview with you.
Support is close at hand
- We do not charge you a listing/joining fee
- We provide FREE monthly group excursions within the Waikato
- We hold twice weekly playgroups in Hamilton where you will be welcomed with your children
- We will provide you with the support of a qualified early childhood education teacher. This will mean you have regular monthly visits, support with programme planning and most importantly a dedicated person for you to call for advice.
- We are here to help you right through the process.
Gingerbread Cottage is licensed by the Ministry of Education. Our twice weekly playgroups enable us to provide early childhood activities and experiences based on Te Whäriki, New Zealand’s Early Childhood Curriculum. Play groups extend the programme that you provide in a family’s home. If you live in the Waikato you will also be able to bring the children to visits that we make out into the wider community to exciting places like the zoo, the donkey farm, LEAP, and junior gym. These playgroup sessions and excursions are absolutely FREE to the family and are a great way for you to meet and network with other nannies.