Have you considered a career in pre-school education and care? We are keen to talk to people who are interested in becoming an Educator.
- Would you be interested in providing a stimulating, happy environment for children?
• Do you have the ability to provide play-based learning experiences for children in your care?
• Are you able to respond to children in an appropriate manner and have a positive approach to behaviour guidance?
• Would you like to be part of a happy, caring, professional team?
• Do you want a fun and rewarding work environment?
There are many reasons why you should consider becoming an Educator with Gingerbread Cottage and to help you with your decision we have set below some of the benefits.
- Educator reimbursement rates that are based on qualifications. We have rates for Educators who are untrained, trained and a qualified teacher rate
• The ability to work from home while caring for your own children, studying or simply earning some extra income for the household
• The choice of hours that you work. What other occupation offers that kind of flexibility?
A very good income can be earned, depending on the number of children you care for and the hours they are in care. This could be as much as $24.00+ per hour
Find out more about an Educators reimbursement by calling us today. Phone (07)847 4478
- Support and guidance from qualified Early Childhood Education teachers with many years’ experience in the homebased childcare sector
• Professional development workshops where Educators are encouraged to attend to up-skill themselves
• Financial assistance for Educators to undertake training/professional development
• Twice-weekly playgroups at our own venue which is also available for Educators to bring their children to on three other days of the week
• Organised monthly group excursions to exciting and stimulating places – at no cost to the Educator or the parent
• We provide you with a wide range of FREE marketing products such as DL flyers, a gate sign, carry bags and more – all at no cost to you
• We offer generous referral incentives if you introduce new educators or children to Gingerbread Cottage
• A resource kit of art and craft supplies – great to get you started
• Double strollers, high chairs and portable cots are provided
• Reimbursement for music groups and Community Playgroups
• Unlimited reimbursement for photos
• Retainer paid for statutory holidays if children are enrolled on these days
• A team meeting once per term giving Educators the opportunity to contribute ideas, make suggestions and network amongst themselves
• Payment of your training in First Aid required to meet Ministry of Education regulation
- The health and safety of children in our care is a high priority. There are guidelines and standards in place to ensure that your home and garden are safe for children and we will provide guidance on these requirements
TEAM BACKUP AND SUPPORT
You would have the support and guidance of our experienced Visiting Teachers who are qualified Early Childhood Education teachers who make regular visits to your home, but are also available either on mobile phone or at the office any time you need them.
Contact us today so that we can meet with you for a full discussion on all aspects of a career in early childhood care and education
07 – 847 4478 or 027 4778780
Gingerbread Cottage acknowledges the importance family/whānau places on the well- being of their child whilst in the care of another person. We acknowledge that your child is precious and for this reason we hold very high standards in the quality of childcare we offer.
We recognise the importance of building supportive relationships between children, their parents, whānau, Educators, and Visiting Teachers.
Ministry of Education Regulations require our Educators to hold a current First Aid Certificate. We ensure that Educators regularly attend the required Refresher Course to keep their Certificate current.
We select Educators who have a genuine interest in children’s development and wellbeing and who have a warm friendly personality and nurturing disposition and who enjoy providing a wide variety of play and learning throughout the child’s day. We encourage Educators to up-skill themselves through regular workshops.
Every person in the Educators home who is over the age of 17 is Police vetted.
We understand the importance of the relationship between family/whānau, child and Educators, so for that reason we offer parents the opportunity of meeting and interviewing prospective Educators to enable them to make the choice of their child’s carer.
Gingerbread Cottage Visiting Teachers hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education, and have a combination of over 40 years’ experience of working alongside children. They are trained in CPR and First Aid and have a commitment to on-going training and professional development.
We are a Ministry of Education licensed childcare provider so we are able to access
20 ECE hours care for 3 and 4 year olds –
there is absolutely no additional charge for these hours
We can also assist you to access WINZ subsidies if you are eligible.
At Gingerbread Cottage we strive to provide a quality service for families and children and we acknowledge that everyone has different priorities and perspectives when looking to place their child in care.
That is why we give parents and families options when it comes to choosing their child’s Educator.
Some areas that we believe are important for you to consider when it comes to choosing the right educator for your child are:
• An Educator who respects the values and beliefs of your family
• An Educator whose home environment is consistent with your home environment
• An Educator who places importance on the aspirations and expectations that you have for your child’s learning and development
• An environment where you are happy with the routines offered by the Educator
• An environment which will support your child with learning activities to extend their level of development
• A home providing a physically safe environment but challenging enough that your child can take risks without injury
• A place where you and a family’s/ whanau needs are fully meet
• An educator who is warm and caring and who will nurture your child (friendships, hugs, fun and laughter)