Gingerbread Cottage Ltd is a privately owned home-based childcare service licensed and operating under the Ministry of Education Regulations. We currently have Educators based in the Hamilton, Ohinewai and Huntly areas.
We employ qualified Early Childhood Education Visiting Teachers who work closely with each family to provide for the particular needs of the child placed in our care. Our teaching team are committed and passionate about providing quality care and education for preschool children.
Gingerbread Cottage Ltd Home-based childcare is a family based orientated programme that uses both home and community environments to extend and enhance a child’s development. We believe that children grow as competent learners in a warm and inviting environment.
Gingerbread Cottage Ltd Educators offer children a place to participate in everyday family activities in a safe and secure setting where play is valued as a meaningful part of their development.
Gingerbread Cottage Ltd Believes in providing stimulating opportunities of learning and development. We believe the home and it’s environs provides children with opportunities for discovery and exploration, with a wide range of choices that extend the children’s abilities and builds their confidence, all of which affirm a child’s place in the world, their culture and family structure.
Gingerbread Cottage Ltd Welcomes involvement from parents and guardians in their child’s activities and acknowledges and supports the varying needs of families in offering flexible childcare options.
At Gingerbread Cottage Ltd we ensure the environment promotes -
- Quality educational care in a relaxed home setting
- Learning experiences and activities promoted through play.
- Safe and stimulating outside play areas for children to run, play and explore
- Positive and encouraging interaction with other children
- A place where children are respected and valued as individuals
We also offer -
- Weekly play groups held at our own venue.
- Monthly excursions to interesting places like the Zoo Park, The Donkey Farm, YMCA junior gym and many others. There is no additional cost to parents for these trips.
- A maximum ratio of 1 adult to 4 children, which ensures that there is plenty of individual attention given to each child’s needs.
- Assistance with an application for a WINZ subsidy – phone the office on 8474478 for further information.
- Educators hold a First Aid Certificate
- A Learning journal where your child’s experiences and development are recorded
As a licensed provider with Ministry of Education we are able to offer your child –
- 20 hours ECE free for 3 and 4 year olds. This means that up to a maximum of 6 hours per day and a maximum of 20 hours per week your childcare would be absolutely free of charge.
- The support and advice of fully trained Teachers who hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education